::Up-Coming CPE Events
|Wednesday, July 08, 2015|
GASB Review 2015
Status as of
7/7/2015 10:11:35 PM, Available Seats:
- Waiting List:
Register or Check my registration
AGA and FMAC have partnered together to bring you FREE CPE!
GASB Review – 2015
Wednesday, July 8, 2015
11:00 – 12:50 p.m.
Location: Cherberg Bldg. Senate Hearing Room 4
CPE: 2 credits available
NASACT, in conjunction with the Association of Government Accountants and the Association of Local Government Auditors, is pleased to announce the latest in its series of training events addressing timely issues in government auditing and financial management.
As fiscal year-end for most state governments quickly approaches and a new year begins, it’s an opportune time for financial statement preparers and auditors to get a refresher on standards that will be effective for June 30, 2015, financial statements, as well as recently released GASB statements that will require attention in fiscal year 2016.
This webinar will provide “must know” guidance on previously-issued GASB statements that are effective for June 30, 2015 and 2016.
For 2015, these statements include:
• Statement 68—Pensions—Employers
• Statement 69—Government Combinations and Disposals of Government Operations
• Statement 71—Pension Transition for Contributions Made Subsequent to the Measurement Date
Statements effective for 2016 are:
• Statement 72—Fair Value—Measurement and Application
• Statement 73—Pensions—Related Assets (outside scope of Statements 67 and 68)
• Statement 76—GAAP Hierarchy
Other recently issued GASB statements will be covered as well. These include:
• Statement 74—Other Postemployment Benefits (OPEB) —Plan Reporting
• Statement 77—Tax Abatements
• Statement 75—OPEB—Employers
Join GASB chairman David A. Vaudt, GASB director of research David R. Bean, and other GASB staff for this informative two-hour training session. You will also be given an opportunity to ask questions and share experiences during the last 25 minutes of the audio conference.
11:00 – 11:05 a.m.
• Kinney Poynter, Executive Director, National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers and Treasurers
11:05 – 12:20 p.m.
GASB Review 2015
• David A. Vaudt, Chairman, Governmental Accounting Standards Board
• David R. Bean, Director of Research, Governmental Accounting Standards Board
12:20 – 12:45 p.m.
12:45 – 12:50 p.m.